FRIDAY JAN. 24, 2020 TO SUNDAY JAN. 26, 2020
PLACERITA CANYON NATURE CENTER
NSGW BOARD MEETING, DEDICATION, LUNCH, DINNER
Friday January 24
- Check-in at Comfort Suites near Six Flags Magic Mountain at 3:00 p.m.
- Located at 25380 N. The Old Road, Stevenson Ranch, CA 91381. (661) 254-7700, Manager Elizabeth
- Reserve under group: Native Sons of the Golden West Rooms blocked are 35. King 5, 2 queen bed 30 Room rate is $129, with taxes $144. This rate includes breakfast served 6:00 – 9:00 a.m.
- Registration will be in the Breakfast Room adjacent to the hotel lobby
Saturday January 25
- Complimentary breakfast at hotel at 6:00 a.m., Board meetings at Placerita Canyon Nature Center classroom 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., Located at 19152 Placerita Canyon Rd. Newhall, CA 91321. (661) 259-7721
- Lunch: Lunch will be served at 12:00 – 1:30 p.m. in the picnic area of the Nature Center. It will be croissant sandwiches from Costco with fillings of roast beef and cheese, ham and cheese and tuna salad. It will include bags of chips, a salad and beverages.
- Dedication: The dedication of the Walker Cabin will be at 1:30 – 2:30 p.m. along the nature trail.
- Reception: A reception will be hosted by the Friends of Placerita Canyon Nature Center and will be held in the classroom or the picnic area. This will be an opportunity for NSGW to meet and talk to potential new members.
- Dinner: Social Hour and Dinner will be from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. It will be held in the Freight Room of the Saugus Depot; located at Heritage Junction Historic Park 24101 Newhall Ave., Newhall, CA.91321. It is adjacent to the William S. Hart Park.
- Speaker: The speaker for the evening will be Dr. Alan Pollack. The title of his talk is “Oak of Golden Dreams”.
- Menu: No host bar – beer and wine. Dinner catered by EL Pollo Loco and consists of grilled chicken, salad, rice, beans, tortillas, chips and salsa or guacamole and dessert
Sunday September 26
- Complimentary breakfast 6:00 – 9:00 a.m. Checkout time is 11:00 a.m.
More Information and Registration
Contact Fran Carothers (626) 332-1203
Your Contact information
Number of people attending @ $50 each TOTAL________
Please send to Fran Carothers,16652 E. Tudor St., Covina, Calif. 91722
MAKE CHECKS OUT TO: RIO HONDO PARLOR #294
Note; Please bring Parlor shirts, vests or jackets to wear at the dedication and reception.